From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 16:42:00 GMT
KLE>From: krengel lawrence e <[log in to unmask]>
   >Date:         Sat, 26 Apr 1997 21:11:47 -0500
   >Subject:      Re: Terramycin question/help needed

KLE>I would wonder why you would use terramycin with your new bees... if you
   >are installing a package.  Terramycin controls foul brood - I think - and
   >in the package there is no brood.

EFB, at one time was said to have destroyed ALL the bees in the US. Now
I don't know if this included the wild one's, but in any case EFB can be
a real problem.

To get good control of EFB and all the little bugs that cause it the TM
should be in the hive as early as you can get it and before broodrearing
starts would come closer to 100% control then at any other time.

Once you have EFB causing damage to the brood that brood is lost and the
best you can do is have the next cycle healthy if you use TM. If it is
allowed to take it's natural course the loss will not be 100% of all
hives, (sometimes close to it in small bee yards), but it will take out
many queens and some will not be replaced or replaced with dogs and the
hives will require a lot of work to get them back in shape for any honey
flow.
                            ttul, the OLd Drone

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in  any form, or to print for any use.

(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.

---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov/beecam/beecam.html