From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:33:47 -0300
> a lot of us up here in Ontario are battling the same type of mindset who are harassing our inept government into banning neomics

The government is NOT planning to ban them, just restrict their use to
where they are needed.  And my understanding is that you can still use
neonic treated seed if there is a history of a problem pest in the
area.  The government is not being harassed by some "mindset" but
rather is listening to its own agricultural experts who informed the
premier and minister of agriculture that the majority of neonic use
was unnecessary.  At least that is what was relayed to me by someone
who was at a crucial meeting.