From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 1996 08:03:04 -0500
>It is true that if exposed to light in open water it will degrade faster
>then in a closed container protected from light and air. This would not
>make outside feeders as desirable as inside feeders.

I use 1 gallon plastic pails on top of the hives. However I believe the bees
empty the pail quick enough in early spring that the light will not be a
problem.

What do you think?

God Bless,
Kelley Rosenlund  [log in to unmask]
Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A., Phone:352-378-7510
200 hives, almost 2 years in beekeeping. 8 frame deeps,shallows.