From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 06:40:23 -0400
>  why SEVEN days apart???  Why not 4 or 5?

Two reasons. First...recommendation of vaporizer manufacturer. Second...my
attempt to treat as many yards as possible with each round. I'm working
alone at this, and with 35 yards to treat, I decided on a 7 day rotation.
I'm sure some of the phoretic mites will re-enter brood, but I think most
will be killed.

  I counted 24 hr stickies yesterday
>for a 2-week post follow up.  Mite levels were down to about 10-15.

What was the count pre-treatment?

>   I have a high percentage of VSH stock, and most have low mite
>levels, but the occasional colony is sky high!

Do you think that these might have raised their own queens, and aren't your
VSH queens?

Mike