From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2017 17:08:38 -0400
Thanks all for the comments and considerations.

I have considered many of the options mentioned.  My initial thoughts were
to fly from here to there, rent a cargo van one way and haul the packages.
That fell through when I learned that the rental company does not own cargo
vans, rather they lease them from local dealerships who in turn sell the
vehicles when miles add up.  The short of that is cargo vans are not
available for 1-way rentals.

I was directed to small truck rentals.  A 12-foot box truck will be
sufficient for my load, and a 1-way rental is reasonable.  Unfortunately
the box trucks are totally closed with no ventilation, hence unsuitable to
haul the bees.  Obviously a horse trailer would be more suited to the
application but I don't have ready access to a horse trailer.

So my thoughts turned to constructing a shelter on a 1-way trailer rental,
hence my original query.  Surprisingly, I discovered that dual axle
trailers also aren't available for 1-way rental!  I can get a 1-way rental
of a dual axle closed trailer, but again inadequate ventilation nixes that
option.

So my options are a closed box, or renting an open trailer which I'll haul
there and back.  My preference is fly with a 1-way rental, but my only
option for ventilation is to drive a box truck leaving the cargo door
open.  I suspect it's a case of if you have to ask you know it's a bad
idea, but it's a slow news day so I'll ask anyway.  Has anyone hauled bees
in a box truck with open back door as the only ventilation?  Folly?

Aaron Morris - thinking my kingdom for a horse trailer!