From:
"Robert A. Roach" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 07:13:29 -0700
Paul,

I'm not sure that you should but in California, recent changes in the law have made it possible to charge a fee by exempting people removing swarms from the pest control operator license requirements.  This change also applied to those trapping furry animals.  You still must be licensed to control rats, mice, pigeons and other vertebrates pests normally controlled by exterminators.

This means anyone can perform this these certain "pest control" activities and receive a fee.

I have never accepted a fee.  I do wish somebody would set up a swarm removal service in this area besides structural pest control operators.  Many people would gladly pay a fee for their service.  Of course the number of swarms around here have decreased to practically nil and the AHB is stalled far to the south.

Bob Roach