From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:19:50 EDT

Do sub-lethal doses of pesticide amplify the effects of parasites,  bacteria,
viruses, fungi and poor nutrition? If so will the problems ever be  solved as
long as pesticide exposure is present?

1) There's no simple answer to question 1.  Depending on the  chemical, its
possible to see amplification, no effect, or even a beneficial  effect - after
all, Fumadil is a fungicide.

2) As per question 2.   There's no such thing as NO pesticide  exposure.  All
bees, everywhere, are exposed to low levels of pesticides in  the ambient
environment, regardless of what may or may not be used at any given  time in any
specific location.

After 35 years of looking at chemical in bees - no bee is ever pesticide
free, and that doesn't take into account hundreds of environmental pollutants
such as the breakdown products of diesel and gasoline.

If an analytical lab were to come back and say - NO PESTICIDES found,  I'd
change labs.  That would be a sure indication that the lab did crummy  work.

For example, we've never found a bee that DID NOT have traces of  PCBs.
Other researchers have found the same - beginning many years ago in  Connecticut.

And on the east coast - MD, PA area, all tested colonies had high levels of
organic solvents such as used by industry and dry cleaners.

So, short of eliminating all people from the earth and then waiting a  couple
of centuries for our chemical junk to then dissipate, you aren't going to
find NO EXPOSURE, anywhere.

Jerry

**************BUY Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD
today!