From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:52:29 -0400
Hello Jim!

Thanks for responding to my letter!
You seem more familiar with the experiment than I.
I do have a few questions.  Thanks in advance for helping me understand
the Seeley experiment.

OK,  here in the abstract, ‘you referenced’ what Seeley said:

>colonies of Arnot Forest bees and New World Carniolan
>bees were inoculated with mites from an apiary…”

My question is:

Seeley is assuming the KEY to mite resistance in the Arnot ferals is
caused by the 'averlence of the mites in that population', Then mite
avirulence must be already present in our apiaries because that’s where
Seeley harvested his mites for the experiment, NOT from the Arnot feral
honeybee mite population.  Seeley did not use mites from the Arnot feral
population, so how does this prove anything about the averlence of mites
in this feral population when he did not use ‘said; averlent mites’?
Please explain,

Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA ‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'
FeralBeeProject.com
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HoneybeeArticles