From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 01:48:01 -0300
>A current discussion going on between a large beekeeper and a large packer
is:

>Beekeeper :
>I want the name of my state on the label and floral source or no sale. No
blending.

>Packer :
>I need your "water white" honey to bring up the bakery grade from South
America.

You pay what you get. or is You get waht you pay?

Instead of "to bring up the bakery grade from South America" it should read
"to bring up this cheap (therefore bakery grade) honey (that happens to be)
from South America that I freely decided to purchase"

I produce top grade honey and so do most of the beekeeper I know. My honey
ended up been GMO positive because of the soy flour and gmo canola pollen I
used in the patties.

Efectivelly the "escape" from the EU market started after the avocate
general pronouncement in february 2011. Honey from Argentina, Brasil, Mexico
and Uruguay have made its way to USA market at a lower price.

For us chilean due to free trade agreements, means to accept a 43% reduction
in FOB dollar, changing from EU to USA.

There are many false positives and our customers know the quality of our
honey,, so we have kept sending honey to that market at us$3.6 average.
We haven't sold 30% to 40% of accumulated stock.

We are not sure yet of the total impact of this GMO issue. Chile is part of
the GMO world seed chain. There are close to 20.000 hectares of GMO events
in the central valley, but since we do not have access to the location of
this crops, we are not yet able to evaluate how much honey will be impacted.

I am testing other GMO free alternative (ingredients for my) patties. Need
to develop strategy to harvest gmo free pollen.

Because of the location of my captive blueberry pollination demand in gmo
territory, part of my early honey will be in danger.
Need to evaluate which is the impact of using same supers on both crops
(cross contamination).

> --

NOTA:Si va a re-enviar este correo por favor borre la historia de
direcciones, que incluye mi direccíon electrónica. Al borrar las direcciones
electronicas se preveniene que los correos sean usados para la propagacion
de virus y spams.
Gracias

Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.