From:
David Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 23:37:43 -0400

<<
 Here are the titles:

 BEEKEEPING AT BUCKFAST ABBEY, by Brother Adam, c. 1975 (4th ed. 1987)

 IN SEARCH OF THE BEST STRAINS OF BEES, by Brother Adam, c. 1986

 FOR THE LOVE OF BEES: THE STORY OF BROTHER ADAM OF BUCKFAST ABBEY, by
                Lesley Bill,  c.  1989

Add to the list BREEDING THE HONEYBEE by Br. Adam.
Publisher: Northern Bee Books
Scout Bottom Farm
Mytholmroyd
Hebden Bridge
West Yorkshire,  HX7 5JS  UK
Tel. 01422 882751     Fax 01422 886157  E-Mail  [log in to unmask]

"In Search of the Best Strains of Bees" is also available from Northern Bee
Books.

My copy of "Beekeeping at Buckfast Abbey" was published by
British Bee Publications
46 Queen Street
Geddington,
Northants, England (no postal code given)

"For the Love of Bees" was published by
David & Charles Publishers
Brunel House
Newton Abbot,
Devon, England

also in the United States:
David & Charles Inc.
North Pomfret, Vermont, 05053 USA

In addition to Larry Connor, you might inquire if Karl Showler of B&K Books
has copies.  Karl specializes in out-of-print and antique books. I have the
following address and telephone number for him.
B&K Books
Riverside
Newport Street
Hay-on-Wye
via Hereford, HR3 5BG UK
telephone (440) 497-820386 - I haven't used the telephone number is lately,
and I can't recall when I last made an inter
national call, so I am not entirely certain about the prefixes.  44 is the
international code for England.  I'm not certain about the "0".

I have read and thoroughly enjoyed each of these books.  I highly recommend
them.

My wife and I had the wonderful opportunity to spend an afternoon with Br.
Adam in May, 1993.  He was a gracious and delightful host, "retired" from the
apiary by that time.  He offered us glasses of his mead, aged 10 years, truly
the nectar of gods, and then gave us a tour of the apiary.  It is a wonderful
memory that we shall treasure.

Regards,

David Morris
Laurel, Md