From:
"P. David Quesada" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2018 04:48:18 -0400
Breeding locally adapted honey bees is ultimately encouraged and advocated for everyone, mainly from Treatment-free beekeepers (and many others, of course)

Since honey bee arrived "recently" to USA from Europe, and it`s a non native  specie in the States (and other places around the world)...I wonder if make sense talk about "locally adpated" as we can do in Europe, where different subespecies can be really best suited to their original distribution area and this adaptation has been modeled after millions of years over these areas and locations

How many time a new ecotype needs to emerge?
Any suggestion or opinion ?

P. David Quesada
Department of Honey Bee Pathology
Bee Lab