From:
Robert Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 10:26:16 +1200
Walter,

Maybe its about time you stop criticising New Zealand from afar and
spent some money so see New Zealand beekeeping first hand.  I am
sure you could pick up some useful tips of the "DRUG FREE" control of
AFB (not terrmycin here), not to mention get a first hand look at our
"EXOTIC PEST AND DISEASE RESPONSE" system.  Our border protection
and EDPR system are very efficient at stoping the incursion of unwanted
exotics right across agriculture.  It's for this reason that NEW ZEALAND
has preferred supplier status for a number of agricultural markets.

Regards,

Robert Rice
Apiculture Service Manager (South Island)
Ministry of Agriculture.
NEW ZEALAND