From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 16:29:55 -0500
Just one more note. Another of my hobbies is bread making. I was a
member of several other lists on the subject. White flour is actually
one of the easiest flours to work with. When you get into some of the
dark breads, they can be difficult, so ad that to the list of reasons
for white bread. Lazy bakers.

The French peasants at the time of the Revolution wanted some of that
white bread the rich folk were eating, instead of the "bad" dark bread
they had to eat. Now we want to chop off the heads of the bakers because
they give us white bread instead of dark!

There are a lot of myths that suit our mindset. They have little to do
with the truth but satisfy something in us usually dealing with our
position in life and one or more of the seven deadly sins. None of us is
immune. My son brought me up short when he reminded me of just that,
that others can have valid opinions that are as good as mine, for they
are just that, opinions. We all have opinions about things like football
teams (even soccer teams)  or even the direction of our nation, but
those opinions are not fact, as Allen's tag line notes. When we are
governed by opinion, we are truly lost, because there is truth, even if
we do not want to believe it.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine