From:
Kevin Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:47:27 -0400
Hi, this is Shawna Roberts using Kevin's email...

When is the best time to make divides in Washington state?  Near the coast in the southern part of the state... like around
South Bend?  When would a hobbyist or sideliner make splits there?

A friend of mine is writing a story, in which he has a beekeeper making divides June 4th, after a fine warm May.  I have never kept bees in Washington state, but I told him that I thought his character was going to lose a lot of swarms if she waited until June 4th.

He thinks that June 4th is probably right, based on the information he has been able to find about beekeeping in Washington State.  But he wants to get his timing right in the story....  and he is a self-admitted anal retentive, so...  I said I would ask around.

So, is June 4th good for making divides in southwest Washington State, after a fine warm May?  Or is there a more realistic time for the making of divides?

Thank you very much for your attention,
Shawna Roberts

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_072008