From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:06:57 -0500
It was from 2007, but never mind. Is this recent enough for you?

Better,  but no.   My own experience tells me that there are other reasons for mites reductions,  such as envirmental issues.  I have had 2 distinct seasons where mites were non issues,  and many more they were horrible.

The research you site this time sounds great,  lets see how it holds up.  The number of times we have been told the problem is solved makes chicken little look like an optimist!

Your completely missing my point,  I realize you and Randy both live in a world filled with people and beeks.  But the majority of the country is not like that,  here in my county in IL the number of "beekeepers" who use commercial stocks was  zero for many years.  Several counties around me that is still pretty much the case,  MO, NE, IA and OK,  you can find vast areas with little to NO outside influence.   Or Yellowstone,  and many other large swaths.  Do we have resistant wild populations?  Nope....  not yet anyway  (for the record  I do wish the same thing)

Tell me in your words  why I am wrong,  don't rattle of some research paper that spouts a theory,   Tell me how genetics is going to overcome a predator with a bunch of  viruses attached.

What I see from my perch right now,  is a lot of wishful thinking, and funding for research,  (no problem with that)  but when you step back and really LOOK at the problem  with the anologys I gave  you see a different picture.

So I give you an opinion, and an anology or two (yes loose anology)  so instead of quoting others,  tell me the error of my thinking.

Charles