From:
Franjo Goluza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 11:18:19 -0800
Colleagues:

Mr.  Bonney wrote:

I have had a query that I cannot answer. Who was the well known
individual (perhaps Winston Churchill) who kept bees and/or was a bee
hunter, and who wrote a booklet about his experiences? I know there have
been a number of well known people who kept bees but I can't bring any of
them to mind. Can you?

The question originally came from a beekeeper who gives popular bee talks
to the public. If you have any tidbits to help make her talks even more
interesting, we welcome them.

If you have any answers, please put them on the net. A couple of other
people have expressed interest.

Thanks

Dick Bonney

_______________________________________________-

I am also very interested to hear more about this subject.
Unfortunately, I do not know who
that famous individual was Mr.  Bonney is
refering to, however, I just finished reading and doing
a short biography on Sylvia Plath, a very talented American
writer who wrote several excellent poems on the subject
of beekeeping.  These can be found in her collection
entitled, "Ariel: Poems by Sylvia Plath." (1969)

I'd post my biography, but it's under consideration for
publication at BEE CULTURE MAGAZINE in Medina, Ohio.

I look for more and post what I find.

All the Best,

Franjo Goluza