From:
RICHARD BARNES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:58:37 -0600
        Fellow B-liners

My neighbor just went to check his one hive and found an interesting site.
All the bees were dead except 3 or 4.  The dead bees were in the SE corner
of the hive on 2 frames clustered in a small group.  The hive faces north
with a stockade fence about 3 feet infront of the entrance.  We counted 500
bees in this cluster.  The bees were still on the frames at the top corner.
A white mold was growing on the bees but not in the cells.  No brood was
found.  The hive still had 3 frames of honey/pollen stores.  Where the bees
were also had stores left.

He is located in south central Oklahoma, USA.

Anyone know what could have killed this hive?

Thanks in advance.

Richard Barnes