HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:52:38 -0400
Let me see if I follow your logic on the stones. Since both sides of my
family are mostly Danish immigrants, I could engrave a piece of native
granite with runes and someone later could say a person of Viking descent
made the stone? Interesting. And, just as easily I could develop a collection
of Viking coins and leave them with the stone to memorialize my ancestral
past. Heck, maybe I could leave this at the site of my grandfather's now
vanished farm in Idaho to show homage to our common ancesters. I wonder if
other folks have thought of this kind of shrine?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.