HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Rotenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:11:56 -0500
Sorry for the list clutter and x-posts:

I need to identify a ceramic mark and most of my library is unavailable at
the moment.  I struck out with Kovel and Kovel and Lehner, so I'm resorting
to a request for help. To view the sherd/mark, follow this URL:
<http://davidsr01.home.mindspring.com/images/sherd01.JPG>

The sherd is whiteware and the mark is black transfer print; the visible
print is marked
"... WARR ..." [WARRANTED]

Please e-mail any helpful replies off-list.

Thanks!
David S. Rotenstein, Ph.D., RPA
Cultural Resource Management Consultant
Columbia, SC 29201