From:
Alan Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:46:16 -0600
As it turns out, this software came up during the past week as I searched for
'notation software.' I was (am) seeking software that will let me scan in a
score, then pick out the tenor line and play it for me. I can read, but can't
play piano, so rehearsing my line has been dependent upon my dear wife, who
wishes to play less often than I wish to rehearse. I was told by the folks at
Coda Music that there is NOT a commercially available software which would do
that. Sooo....I purchased Allegro, which is a scaled-down version of Vivace,
and will have to enter my own notes (slowly), then play them back at tempo.

_Will_ Sibelius do the scan/play function? Where is it available?

Alan Prater, itinerant tenor

Rainer Hersch wrote:

>I am considering buying Sibelius, the music notation software, for a number
>of uses but mainly arranging.  Does anybody have experience with it and/or
>others of the type? This is a UK700 purchase.
>
>Rainer Hersch

Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing affright you.
All things are passing; God never changes.
      -St. Teresa of Avila (1515-1582)-