From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:57:52 PST
Ulvi Yurtserver wrote:

>The question I have is not so much the money, but how do you find the time
>to listen to (and space to house) all that second-rate music when there is
>so much first-rate music out there and so little time?

I assume Ulvi is referring to the second-rate Lachner, Vainberg, Borresen,
Petersen-Berger, Marek, Weiner, and Spohr.

I do not find Lachner, Marek, and Spohr second-rate.  So far, I do find
Borresen and Petersen-Berger second-rate; I'm giving them one last chance,
and I have a predilection for late romantic works.  Vainberg and Weiner
would be new to me.  There's no way that I'm limiting myself to the
so-called first-rate composers and works.

Concerning space to house the collection, I've learned to take it one day
at a time - there's no master plan.  Everything's fine so far.

As for time to listen, I don't sleep much.  There's much more time in a day
than you might think.

Don Satz