From:
Drew Capuder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:25:49 -0400
I'd strongly recommend EveryCD (www.everycd.com).  You have to pay a $40
membership fee (annually), but they are a lot cheaper (frequently $3-5 per
disk) than most of the other internet or mail services.  Their shipping
charges are very reasonable, and they have been very prompt in sending my
orders.  I have placed a number of relatively large orders with them
containing a number of esoteric items, and they have always shipped the
items out very promptly.  When I have placed similar orders with other
internet companies, they obviously have to back order many items, and the
records dribbled in over a period of several weeks (with heavy shipping
charges on each delivery).

Totale (www.totale.com) is also inexpensive, but they are still about a
dollar a disk (at least) more than EveryCD.  If you don't order a lot of
disks, Totale may be the better choice, because you don't have to pay the
$40 membership charge.

CDUniverse has the best search capability on their web site, although they
will be a good bit more expensive, as will Amazon.com et al.

A plus with EveryCD is that you get their catalog that is several hundred
pages and which contains just about all CDs in print.  EveryCD also offers
members several additional services, such as, I believe, searching for hard
to find (out of print) disks.  EveryCD's web site is its biggest drawback.
It seems to be slow and buggy (and contains very little information on each
disk), but you can also do all of you ordering by phone.

Drew M. Capuder
Fairmont, West Virginia USA