From:
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:48:25 -0600
I just heard an extraordinarily beautiful transcription for piano by Percy
Grainger of the "Nimrod" variation by Elgar.  Martin Jones was the pianist.
He had me hanging on every phrase.  Anyone know the publisher (I assume
Hyperion) and the catalogue number?

Steve Schwartz

 [Jones' Grainger is pretty special.  Good thing Nimbus thought so too
 and had him record the complete piano music including the works for two
 pianos (given your love of Grainger, I'm a little surprised that you don't
 already have this).  The piano music used to be available on five or six
 individual CDs (all well-received when they were first issued), but Nimbus
 has evidently deleted those in favor of a single 5CD set issued at budget
 price (about $30).  The catalog number is NI1767 and you can read all
 about it at the Nimbus site, linked from you know where.  -Dave]