From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:57:49 -0000
Donald Satz wrote:

>Sometimes I think that there's a negative perception of the British for
>losing their Empire, but I consider that to have been an inevitable and
healthy process.

So do we and I'm rather surprised you should think anyone should think
otherwise.  Are there really people out there who would have admired us for
trying to hang on to it? Taken all in all, I don't think we did a bad job
of giving it all back.

On the subject of Gramophone reviews you wrote:

>although the reviews are relatively short....

The pity of it is that, many years ago, they used to be a lot longer.  Then
Gramophone reallly was worth buying.  I fear that with the new management
things will get even worse.

Tony Duggan, England.
My developing Mahler recordings survey:
http://www.musicweb.force9.co.uk/music/Mahler/