From:
Thomas Heilman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:27:26 -0500
Wes Crone write:

>Is a person missing out when they don't take the time to listen to music
>they dislike?

A tough one.  Thirty years ago, I stated to an Audio Visual librarian
friend of mine that my idea of hell would be spending an eternity listening
to Bruckner.  Now it could be my idea of heaven.  Then again, there is so
much out there.  Best advice is to try until you can't try anymore, or try
until you feel you understand what the composer is doing and can honestly
say, "that's not for me".  My problem with Bruckner was that I was young
and stupid.  I am no longer young.

Thomas Heilman