From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 01:47:48 -0500
Kar-Ming Chong <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I bought this disc last Friday evening - Bach - Choruses from Mass in
>B-minor - Klemperer/Philharmonic Orc & Chorus - Testament and found it
>to be a really fine performance of the chorus bits.  ...
>
>One gripe though: Klemperer did not record
>the "Cum Sanctu Spiritus" on this Testament recording.  Oh, well....

This is probably a good thing, because his EMI Sanctu Spiritus plods
along like a brontosaurus on walking sticks...(it's not just the tempo, his
chorus sounds like it includes most of the population of London, although
it must have been just the listeners of BBC as it's called the "BBC
chorus")

But I guess there must be fair amount of good stuff in the recording since
I kept it all this time (along with his St. Matthew).

Ulvi