From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 11:34:33 PST
I recently departed from my usual regimen and made an order of nothing but
French chamber works which arrived today:

Faure piano quintets - Domus/Hyperion.
Faure piano quartets - Domus/Hyperion.
Faure violin sonatas - Osostowicz/Tomes/Hyperion.
Ravel/Debussy/Faure piano trios - Florestan/Hyperion.
Debussy/Ravel string quartets - Emerson/DG.

Before I settle in with these recordings, I'd like list member opinions of
the piano chamber works above and recordings of them.  I went with Hyperion
because I generally find that romantic chamber works recorded under their
auspices don't go "over the top", and that's a big concern of mine for that
time period.  Also, I've liked Domus and the Florestan Trio in other
repertoire.

Don Satz