From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:33:29 -0800
Jon Lewis wrote:

>One Brilliant boxset I'll almost certainly be ordering is their
>hilariously opportunistic 5cd "Great Pianists of the Twentieth Century"
>set.  It's got Rachmaninov doing "Carnaval", Cortot doing Chopin's 2nd
>sonata, Michelangeli on the Debussy Images, Moiseiwitsch with a Wagner
>transcription, etc.  etc.  I imagine the transfers are either pretty
>crude or stolen-- if the latter then I'll avoid it on ethical grounds.

They're not stolen.  I have posted on my site a longish summary of what
I've been able to find out from others in the Internet newsgroup.  You can
read this at http://www.andrys.com/arg2.html#bc-set ...  I bought the set
after reading their answers.

Some of the transfers sound better than some of the Philips' that I've
heard.

Andrys in Berkeley, CA
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search Classical: Sheet Music, Videos, CDs