From:
Mark Ehlert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:25:31 -0600
Bill Hong wrote:

>(As a side note, today I used part of a Borders Birthday gift card
>toward the purchase of the "Missa Salisburgensis", the McCreesh/ Goebel
>performance that Don Satz posted about here last month.  Haven't listened
>to all of it, but this record definitely falls into the category of a
>"Leasebuster" album....nearly blew out my KEFs!8->)

I had a similar experience with this CD.  I plugged it into the music
department's boombox and with that opening Kyrie chord scrambled for the
volume control.  I knew I was in love with this work from that moment on.:)
(A copy of the score I received from interlibrary loan was a real bear to
read since so many staves had to be crammed into a single page.)

Mark K. Ehlert