From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:54:20 PST
Michael Butera wrote:

>Zander's performances are revelatory.

All I need is one fine person to say, in effect, "get it", and I'll have
it before the end of the day.  My thanks to Michael.

As an aside, I had mentioned that I had a get together with my doctor
scheduled today.  As is usual with HMO's, I had never seen this particular
doctor before.  I was reading Fanfare when he entered the examination room.
It turns out that the doc.  also reads Fanfare and loves classical music.
I actually feel that I have a personal relationship with him now, and I owe
it all to Fanfare Magazine.  At least I know that I'm not just a membership
number.  I told him about our list, and he sounded eager to join in.  AND,
he doesn't care for Vivaldi either - he's a great guy.

While going into a web site to buy the Zander 5th and 7th, I noticed
that his performance of the 9th is available on the Carlton label.  Since
the ninth, as you all know, is Beethoven's crowning achievement in the
symphonic form, that cd is interesting as well.  Any comments on it? I
tried buying the 5th and 7th today at local stores but didn't have any
luck.

Don Satz