From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 17:28:51 -0600
Dave Lampson wrote:

>Former list member Teri Noel Towe wrote to me this afternoon with the
>following information; posted here with his permission:
>
>It is possible that you have already been informed by members of your
>list who reside in France, but, just in case, I write to share with
>you the sad news that the eminent French pianist Gaby Casadesus died
>at her home in Paris on Friday, 12 November, at the age of 97.

This is sad news indeed.  I have recently taken a shine to the Casadesus
Recordings and have been seeking them out on vinyl due to the deplorable
lack of representation on cd of both Mssr and Mme.  Casadesus' playing.
Sony should be ashamed for witholding this wonderful legacy.  What clean
and elegant playing from both of them!

Kevin Sutton