From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:39:38 PST
Sigiswald Kuijken has been recording the more popular Mozart operas for
Accent.  To the best of my recollection, every review of a Kuijken/Mozart
opera has been less than complimentary.  However, I've noticed that Kuijken
and Accent just keep churning out the recordings.  Also, the rather
negative reviews have, so far, persuaded me to refrain from buying any
of the operas, given their relatively high price.  Sometimes, I do pay
attention to price.

Is anyone on the list familiar with Kuijken's Mozart opera series?
Any good words about the performances?

Don Satz