HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:34:35 -0800
From:
Larry Buhr <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
This post is for my colleague Tim, thanks, LB.

"A request for European archaeologists:
I am seeking references to books and articles on traditional Danish
and Scandinavian earthenware.  I'm trying to learn about vessel forms,
the history of shops and factories (excluding Royal Copenhagen),
technologies, archaeological studies, typologies, etc.  I'm most
interested in the post-medieval period (nineteenth and eighteenth
centuries).  I'm trying to draw connections between the potteries in
Utah and their dominant precedents in Staffordshire and Denmark-
technologies, social relations of production, etc.  I prefer English
to German, I don't know any Scandinavian languages (which in this
case, I expect will be a severe handicap).

Please reply OFF LIST to [log in to unmask]  I've temporarily set
my HISTARCH subscription to NOMAIL.

Thanks very much...
Tim Scarlett