Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 19:40:58 -0800
From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>Recently, I have come across Keith Jarrett's the Koln Concert recording
>on EMI.  I must say, it has been a long time since piano music has moved
>me in such a powerful way.  . . .  Two ... articles I read suggested he
>had meditated in an empty room for 24 hours with no sound and then
>performed the entire hour long concert impromptu.  Can anyone verify
>this? And if so, what are your thoughts on this kind of musical
>creation/performance.

I saw him perform in concert about a year later and he toured doing
impromptu improvisations for an hour or two in the U.S., Europe, and Japan,
as I remember.  Lots of these LPs were sold.  The Koln was probably the
best-selling one...

- A
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search Classical CDs, *Sheet Music*, Videos