Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:32:14 -0800
From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
No, it's *not* a misspelled "Mele Kalikimaka" -- although I do wish that to
one and all.

Rather, "Ho'okani hana keaka" is the best approximation of dramma per
musica ("a perfomance of music," really) in Hawaiian, the term suggested
by my famous advisor in such matters, the great cartoonist Corky Trinidad.

And what it's about is a draft for the history of opera in Hawaii, from
1854 to the present day (which, in January, will mean a "Tristan und
Isolde" in Honolulu, attended by the contemporary Wagners themselves).

So, check out

   http://mrichter.simplenet.com/files/files.htm

(thanks to Mike for "hosting"), and if the history of opera in the Sandwich
Islands is not your cuppa poi, take a look at the many other items of
interest on the site.

(A performance history of the last 150 years in the Islands is due on the
same site in a couple of weeks.)

Cyfarchion y Tymor!
Janos Gereben/SF