Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:33:22 -0800
From:
Hal Weller <[log in to unmask]>
As for the Mahler Fifth discussion.....I'm not sure about his recorded
version, but as far as a live performance, I was absolutely blown away
by Danielle Gatti's live performance with the Royal Philharmonic a
couple years ago.  It was the first and only brush I've had with Gatti's
conducting, but it was my distinct impression that it was the finest
conducting I had witnessed since my association with Geoge Szell and the
Cleveland.  Perhaps someone here can comment on the Gatti recording.

As for Farberman....I am truly surprised that anyone feels he's a
contender....in the Mahler arena or any other for that matter.

Harold Weller
www.lasvegasphilharmonic.com