Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:47:48 EDT
I totally agree with Aaron.  Coumaphos should never be used in place of
Apistan.

Some people "just want to try it", because it is NEW - no other reason.  That
is sick!
Gosh, I wish people would pay attention to the scientists, and READ THE LABEL!

The mites have destroyed enough bees.  Now we are going to destroy more bees
with
coumaphos, and maybe even some beekeepers.

Don't ASSUME your bees are resistant to Apistan (they probably are not).  Use
Apistan and than TEST YOUR BEES FOR VARROA immediately after treating.

If honey gets contaminated with coumaphos, surely the government will NOT
allow
you to sell honey until every ounce passes some expensive testing created by
the government.  People may have to get a doctor's prescription to buy a jar
of honey if
that happens.

The only bees that have been found resistant to Apistan are from colonies
where the Apistan use was abused (too many strips in the hive or strips left
in the hive for several months - Remember Miticur - same thing - ABUSE.

                George Imirie