From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 19:14:39 -0600
James Hunsley wrote:

>The reason for owning LPs is not for the sound, but for the repertoire.
>A huge amount of music is on them that still has not been re-released and
>maybe never will be.  Besides, then you can burn your own CDs from the LP
>source material.

Hummm.  (I just noticed how many of my posts begin with 'hummmm', but I
digress).  I think that for the most part there is more repertoire in cd
format than ever on record, with the possible exception of 20th century
avant garde rep.  What I do find, is that there are a number of very fine
artists that are quite under represented on cd.  One, for example, is
Robert Casadeseus.  He recorded for Columbia and Sony has done a very poor
job of reissuing his material.  I would also like to see George Szell,
Eugene Ormandy, and Dimitry Mitropolous better represented.

Kevin Sutton