From:
Donald Scarinci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 06:07:31 EST
John Smyth writes:

>Just wanted to let how impressed I was by Colin Davis' (kinda) new Sibelius
>symphony cycle on RCA

John went on to re describe the cycle in the way Wes talks about Bach.  So
how could I resist going out to try to get a copy?

The only cycle I could find, though, was in three separate CD's.  It does
not look like RCA has put the cycle together in one boxed set.  Is this
correct? Also, since everyone knows that I'm a sound guy, The Internet
listings of the CD's that I found don't tell me if it is DDD.  I never
assume that recordings are hiss or hum free unless they are DDD although
some ADD stuff can be real good.  Please tell me about the sound quality
of the Colin Davis RCA recording.

Donald Scarinci