From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 23:58:41 GMT
Thanks for that explanation.  I was really hoping that the big boys
at Decca HAD changed their minds, but alas they haven't.  One last
observation:  it's interesting that they decide to stop the project at the
point where the symphonies they would be issuing would be commercially
viable.  They only need to record symphonies from 75-104:  arguably the
more "interesting" in the Haydn opus.  I am majorily pissed at the
investment I have made in this series to NOT be able to see it finished.

As for the comments in this thread about cycles that take too long to
record losing interest....I think there is some justification for that.
This Hogwood/Haydn cycle was commenced in 1988 and was supposed to take
only 8 years to finish.  10 at the most.  well its been 12.

I also knew about that cycle on MHS.  But that really wasn't available
commercially.  But thanks for that.  The Dorati cycle apparently will be
alone for quite sometime as the ONLY complete cycle on the market.

Its a sad state of affairs I think.

Thanks for the messages!!!

"Kim Patrick Clow" <[log in to unmask]>