From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 17:08:46 +0100
Robin Mitchell-Boyask:

>btw, does anyone know what Wigglesworth is doing now?
>He was highly thought of here and has suddenly dropped off the map.

For the last couple of years MW has been head of the BBC Welsh Orchestra
(I'm not sure if He still is), he is also first guest conductor of the
Swedish Radio symphony (The next time He does DDS:  Friday 18 (19.30) &
Saturday 19 (15.00) february 2000:  Symphony No.  14 (also Britten:  four
sea interludes & Pickard:  ikaros) Conductor:  Mark Wigglesworth - Soli:
Elena Prokina, soprano & Willard White, bass) - Recording vise His on the
way with a Shostakovich symphony cycle on BIS (with the BBC orchestra,
check www.bis.se), The two issues out now has been well played both nothing
more, comparing to the three times I have heard MW conducting in real life,
his recordings have been a thad slow, lacking a momentum ahead Shostakovich
music needs.  His live Symphonies have been much more effective (like Robin
says).

Your humble lurker

peter lundin, gothenburg.se -  Counting the days: DSCH 100 (1906-2006)