From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:27:37 PST
One thing that's better than receiving cd presents during the holiday
season is receiving a vehicle cd player.  For two years, I've been living
with a portable cd player which I used in my car; it was inconvenient and
didn't sound very good.  When my wife asked me what I might like for
Hanukah, my answer was a car cd player.  She scoffed at that idea because
of the cost and the fact that my car has over 100,000 miles.  But, on the
last day of Hanukah, she presented me with a new car cd player and an
appointment to have it installed by Circuit City.  Boy, the music sounds
great on that player.

The first thing I did was buy the first album put out by Ricki Lee Jones,
an album which I love and thought would be a great car companion.  It is
just that.  Then I tried out Gulda's recording of Bach's WTC Book 1; sounds
even better in the car than at home.  I'm liking Gulda more and more with
additional playings.

The only problem is that I'm not concentrating on driving as I usually do.
Twice today, I almost slammed into the car ahead of me due to insufficient
attention on my part (driving too fast plays a part also).  So, if you
happen to be driving in Albuquerque and see a white Honda Accord streaking
down the road, keep your distance.  Don't let my magnetism draw you in to
disaster.

On The Road Again,

Don Satz