From:
Eric Kisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:25:06 -0500
I am delighted to pass on the following good news re the continued
publication of the IPQ:

   Re:  International Classical Record Collector and International Piano
   Quarterly

   You wrote to me recently expressing concern that the future of these
   magazines was under threat.  I am delighted to be able to tell you
   that Gramophone Publications has sold International Classical Record
   Collector and International Piano Quarterly to Orpheus Publications
   Limited.

   This will ensure the continued publication of these highly regarded
   magazines, while allowing the staff at Gramophone to concentrate on
   developing Gramophone in the way that its editor, James Jolly, and,
   we believe, its readers would wish.  Our intention is that Gramophone
   goes from strength to strength as the world's best monthly magazine
   for lovers of classical music.  I can also assure you that Gramophone
   will work to give IPQ and ICRC as much support as possible.

   The new owners of IPQ and ICRC, Orpheus Publications Ltd, can be
   contacted at 7 St. John's Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 2SEE, United
   Kingdom.

   I understand that both Tully Potter and Harriet Smith will continue
   to work with the new publishers.

   If you have an enquiry regarding either IPQ or ICRC, please direct
   them as follows:

   Subscriptions Karen Heapy at [log in to unmask] or 020 8863
   4040 Trade or retails sales Paula Jackson at
   [log in to unmask] or 020 8863 2020

   You can visit the Orpheus Publications web site at
   http://www.orpheuspublications.com/

   If you have been a subscriber to IPQ or ICRC, you will continue to
   receive your copies according to the new publishing schedule operated
   by Orpheus.

   I thank you for your interest and the often fascinating content of
   the emails we received.  As a publisher new to this field, it has
   been a very educational few weeks in which I have already come to
   understand the passion and enthusiasm that exists for classical music.
   The heritage of Gramophone is well understood, however, and I hope
   to prove that the magazine is in very good hands.

   Yours sincerely,

   Eric Verdon-Roe
   Managing Director
   Haymarket Magazines Ltd