From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:38:27 -0500
Jon Lewis wrote:

>On a recent trip to Boston I came across Barbirolli's live Halle Orchestra
>Sibelius 5/Nielsen 4 on Carlton/BBC Radio Classics.

Keep an eye on Berkshire Record OUtlet.  They carry this label.  YOu never
know.

I take it you found this in one of the used CD stores.  If it was in a new
one, let me know, and I could see if they have another one (though I'd
assume you'd have done this).  I live in Boston, obviously.

For what it's worth, Barbirolli recorded both these symphonies with Halle
commercially.  Obviously, they're not the same performances--at least I'd
assume they're not--but maybe you'd like them as well.  Who knows?

Roger Hecht