From:
Felix Delbruck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:30:17 +1300
Joel Hill asked:

>What is the difference in the BMG/RCA CD's of Rachmaninoff playing his
>concertos and the cheaper ones on Naxos?

Haven't heard the Naxos transfer myself, but by all accounts it's quite an
improvement over the RCA version.  As far as I'm aware they were done by
Obert-Thorn and Marston respectively, the duumvirate of remasterers.  May
be interesting to consider how their approaches compare more generally.

Felix Delbruck