Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 07:53:50 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Ulvi Yurtsever wrote:

>I also have a strange fondness for Barenboim's digital set (on DG) of the
>late sonatas, and Pollini's DG set is also remarkable (although a little
>short on mystery and contemplation).

I always seem to neglect Barenboim and Pollini when I'm recommending
recordings for the piano sonatas, but both pianists do a great job.  In
particular, my favorite Hammerklavier comes from Pollini.  He might be
short on mystery and contemplation, but his interpretations are very
incisive and the recorded sound is perfect.

Don Satz