Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 23:54:04 -0500
From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
John Smyth wrote:

>I have been eyeing this CD for quite awhile.  The reviews are good,
>(Haitink/1st Symphony, Previn/2nd, Tortelier in the Cello Concerto, Ida
>Haendel in the Violin Concerto), and I'm ready to buy.  Anyone have any
>serious doubts about the performances?

Don't know the Haitink.  The Previn 2nd I have good memories of, ditto the
Cello Concerto.  The real treasure is the Haendel.  I have always loved
that recording.  She is a very interesting violinist.  Her Elgar VC is
stunning--IF you like the slow tempos, which I do very much, at least the
way she plays them.

Roger Hecht