From:
Harry Goudie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 19:20:59 +0100
> The policy of burning and burying the contents of infected hives combined
> with a compensation scheme financed by the beekeepers themselves has
enabled
> the UK to reduce the incidence of AFB to about 1% and keep it at that
> seemingly irreducible level for many years.

I suppose this 1% will be due to feral colonies and colonies which have not
been reported with the disease.
Is there actually a law which states that foulbrood must be reported?  I ask
this because it does not seem to be the case for varroa.  In the case of
varroa there seems to be no obligation to either report or to treat an
infestation.

Harry