From:
Ken Hoare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 17:20:47 -0000
Just like P-O Gustafsson from Sweden I experience no propolis being stuck to
mesh floors. VERY OCCASIONALLY there may be a little comb, obviously a small
piece has fallen down (probably my fault) and they have fixed it to the
mesh. If the floor is removed for any reason my cure for this is the gas
torch - an essential piece of beekeeping equipment. Obviously the mesh must
be steel wire, but then plastic mesh is a waste of money.

A friend informs me he did have a colony that propolised the mesh in autumn
but then removed it all by mid winter. He considered that the overwintering
colony appreciated the ventilation, and I think he is correct.

Ken Hoare