HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 11:56:35 -0400
Hi -

This is a Final Call for Papers for the proposed symposium for the 2002 SHA
meeting in Mobil: "Religion, Ritual, & Magic: The Archaeology of Spiritual
Life."

Papers dealing with any material aspect of religious and spiritual life in
any period of the historic past are welcome.  However, I am particularly
interested in papers that use context-driven analysis of material culture
that reveal aspects of spiritual beliefs/behaviors not well-documented from
written sources.

Please contact me off-list if interested in taking part.

Abstracts and all supporting materials should be mailed to me no later than
May 15th to allow me to get everything out to SHA before the June 1
deadline.

Thanks and have a good day,
John

John P. McCarthy, RPA